Friday, April 24, 2009

Star Wars Galaxy 4 Die Cut Sketch Cards

A few months back I made a post about being lucky enough to participate in the Star Wars Galaxy 4 Die Cut Sketch Card project with Topps Cards ,Suckadelic, and about 40 other artists. This week a box of the finished product showed up at my door.

They have been available since mid February at local Targets.
A kind of funny story is ,When I first found out they had made it to the shelves I ran over to Cedar Crest Target to get my hands on some. I stood over the box like I was 10 years old, but with the mental agility of a ninja. Knowing what the die cuts look like, I knew if I felt each pack I could detect the slight separation of cards and grab the loaded packs. I felt the entire box and made 3 stacks, The "Fo Sho" pile, the "Maybe" pile, and the "Nadachance" pile.
At this point, I got a little embarrassed. I kept thinking about my friends that were excited for me and the project saying they also were coming over to get some and maybe I should leave some winners for them too. I got over it quick and grabbed 7 hot packs. I raced to the car with my booty, felt the most certain pack and opened it, Nothing. Next pack, Nothing.
I quickly realized my pack picking steeze was useless. No die cuts in any of the packs.

When I received the box I gave Adrienne the first pack to open, and out falls a die cut sketch from Sara.

Here is the Flicker post

If there is a artist or card your chasing Ebay is still your best bet.
and Scoundrel Art has all the info you need

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sara 's hand drawn die cut sketch card
Photobucket

Nono won from Ebay
Photobucket

No comments: