Monday, April 21, 2008

Wisconsin Kid Hammers Out 1,200 Consecutive Kickflips.. Really.

Thanks to everyone that stopped out to support the second annual Backed In Black Show. The quality of work was off the charts and will be our biggest obstacle next year. I was busy all week and stayed that way until all the art was back at my house that night. I did have a lot of help and it seemed like everyone at my house before hand was working together with ease and a vision.  I'm scared to name names incase I overlook anyone, but Andy Colbert and Greg, Luke, Unkle Skelly, Mike Ironton, Eric Wolf, Christine, Lucky Dog, anyone else that stopped over to drop off art, and our new friend Stencil Steve. There was also a nice guy named Julian there with the buttery camera equipment, so I'm going to find some good flicks of the night and put together a full recap including still available art , raised totals , and full thank you to all the artists and everyone that stopped out to look around and leave with some amazing art at a real amazing price.
Untill then, here is some filler.
This was the scene on my back porch the night before the show


















This is the step by step I was doing , including revealing my secret stencil weighting methods.
Which include, but never limited to, old wheels, used bearings, darts, coins , allen keys , bottle caps, nails , rocks , paint lids, and bent coat hangers. 
I'm pretty cutting edge when it comes to the latest art gadgets.
 Click photo for larger views.
Step one, full color.














 Step two, shadows















Step three, black.















Step four grey( then white ,no photo)















 Then finally a little spice up at my desk.

























No comments: